Saturday, March 2, 2013

Nick Vujicic: A Man With No Limbs Who Encourages Others

Nick Vujicic: A Man With No Limbs Who Encourages Others

 
Nick Vujicic was born in Melbourne, Australia with the rare Tetra-amelia disorder: limbless, missing both arms at shoulder level, and having one small foot with two toes protruding from his left thigh. Despite the absence of limbs, he is doing surf and swimming, and playing golf and soccer. Nick graduated from college at the age of 21 with a double major in Accounting and Financial Planning. He began his travels as a motivational speaker, focusing on the topics that today’s teenagers face. Below I have complied some of his word about his life and his stories for more you can visit his site which have linked at the end.
“God loves it when we have no plan B. He does His greatest work when we are totally reliant on Him. He comes to our rescue when we are walking a tightrope, teetering on the brink of disaster, without a safety net below.Why? Because walking a tightrope without a Safety net requires faith. And when we trust Him to do something audacious, totally ridiculous, completely beyond our capability, only God can get the credit…..”
“I can’t imagine that any previous generation has been lied to as much as ours. We’re continually bombarded with seductive messages. Replace the distorted self-image with God’s true image in the minds and hearts of young people everywhere! Watch this incredible video that encourages not only teens but everyone to seek their validation from the only One qualified to give it!”
“You are the legs that carry me around the world. You are the arms that hug the people I wish
I could reach. I am so happy to have the opportunity to give my love to the world through you.”
“Do you know that when kids are bullied, they often turn into bullies themselves? Tragic, but true.
That’s what happened with Peter. He was an exceptional student, at the top of his class. But then kids stared bullying him. Mercilessly.
Their cruelty began to destroy Peter from the inside. He wrote, “I started to believe that I’m just not good enough… that others don’t like me…. And I started hating other people.”
Peter withdrew into utter loneliness and despair. He got so low that he even considered suicide.”
Personally i have struggled with depression and i still do but reading and watching nick’s videos i am really touched, i do really hope this great person also touches your heart and you should really visit his site at lifewithoutlimbs.org.
 
---------------------------
Author / Source: aboutlifeingeneral.wordpress
---------------------------


Note: In addition to writing my own blogs or stories, I also like to search for stories and other inspiring, motivating, or encouraging material from around the Web and other people. If you see an article, story, or photo that you have written or created and want it removed, please feel free to let me know. I try to give credit to the people and/or web sites where I find my information when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment