Monday, August 13, 2012

To Love My Children, I Must Remember.....


solutions-recovery.com
One of the greatest joys that I have EVER had in my life was the opportunity to raise my own children. There is nothing better than watching my children grow into young adults and seeing them use the different skills, manners, work ethic, and beliefs that they were taught. The gift of children really is a gift from God.  In today’s post, I found an interesting little article that may help you when you are trying to raise your children. I hope that you can use some of these words of wisdom to help you.

To Love My Children, I Must Remember ...
~ Dr. Ross Campbell, “How to Really Love Your Children” ~
1. They are children.
2. They tend to act like children.
3. Much of childish behavior is unpleasant.
4. I do my part as a parent and love them despite their childish behavior, they will be able to mature and give up childish ways.
5. If I only love them when they please me (conditional love), and convey my love to hem only during those times, they will not feel genuinely loved. This in turn will make them insecure, damage their self-image, and actually prevent them from moving on to better self-control and more mature behavior. Therefore, their behavior is my responsibility as much as theirs.
6. If I love them unconditionally, they will feel good about themselves and be comfortable with themselves. They will then be able to control their anxiety and, in turn, their behavior, as they grow into adulthood.
----------------------------------
If you want each new article emailed to you, please let me know at richmullercoach@gmail.com
LIFE IS AWESOME!!!
----------------------------------
Note: In addition to writing my own blogs / stories, I also like to search for stories and other inspiring / motivating / encouraging things from around the World Wide Web. If you see an article or story that you have written and want it removed, please feel free to let me know. I do try to give credit to the people and/or web sites that I find the information when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment